MXV's Jukebox

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Teardrop

There are just too many different views & definitions of life, with most of them being quite true. See, it varies; different people might just have different opinions about it. One may think that life is just a short period of time that we're spending on Earth, which is particularly ironic. Then another person may tell you that life is when your heart is still beating and your brain still functioning, which is medically correct. Then I looked through a dictionary, a really old dictionary which was given to me, if I'm not mistaken, when I was still in primary school. Primary 3? Maybe. Oxford Dictionary, which helped me a lot in all the years of my studies. Now, I'm relying on it to define the meaning of life.

Life noun (plural lives) - Capacity for growth, functional activity, and continual change until death; living things and their activity; duration of thing's existence or ability to function.

Continual change until death.

Well said, well defined. People change. Due to what? Tons of reasons & factors. Influences from peers, surroundings, lack of self-control, etc. Or they may be forced to change for material, for love. Sounds more like I'm talking about prostitution? No. I'm talking about how people can change & turn their backs on each other, most of the time with selfishness in their minds. Sad but so true. Anyone here have (or had) friends that backstabbed will agree with me. Just look at how far a man would go to defend his own beliefs or thoughts. We're living in a world with stubborn genes as the dominant, where we wouldn't admit our own faults & think we are right all the time. C'mon, learn to... umm.. learn? I'm talking about a friend here that got some things wrong yet stubborn to admit. The best part is, he went around spreading bad rumours about me, saying things behind me after that. He changed. He wasn't the good ol' buddy that I once know anymore. I'm sorry dude, but I can't tolerate you anymore. Not 'till you learn from your mistake.

Teardrop, by Massive Attack. The original opening theme for House M.D..

-MXV-

No comments: