MXV's Jukebox

Friday, October 17, 2008

Exile (Halftime)

It's been quite some time since the last I drove dangerously on the road, swerving in & out of the smallest gaps between cars available, and honestly, I didn't wanna do it again. But today, I was forced to do so by a rich dude that doesn't know how to drive, yet wanna show off his car's ability to perform.

If you are an everyday driver, then this question should be something that you will absolutely agree to. Don't you just hate those rich man's toys; those Harriers, Estimas, Alphards, El Grands, Muranos and such, with their cosy & luxurious interior and their irritating HID xenon headlamps? I mean, they are good cars with high performance engines and I wish to own one too if I'm rich enough. But for these cars, they're imported with stock HID kits. I do understand the Japanese being safety conscious about building their cars as the HID kits are often bright enough to literally illuminate the whole street, but their innovative thinking has set off some problems to us when their cars were grey-imported into our country. You see, what I'm suggesting here is that they should remove the kits before exporting to certain countries such as Malaysia, abiding the law that governs the use of HIDs AND, simply because Malaysians don't drive like the Japanese. Ahh, yes, I'm getting to the point here. What pisses me off so much is that some of the drivers of those big cars do not think rationally and act accordingly while driving; they switches their light to high-beam all the way, temporarily blinding the oncoming traffic, putting other road users at risk, or tail-gating other drivers & high-lighting them, which is just another common scenario.

Okay, let me get back to my story. cheL' asked me to fetch her home from college, so I said okay since I'm going to the bank to deposit some cash (Yes, my parents finally paid me the money for the lenses & headlamp, so I'll be returning my dad's lightbulb after this.). It was a smooth ride all the way; I took an alternative route to Genting Klang via Desa Melawati to avoid the traffic jam at the MRR2. cheL' complained about not having enough sleep & went dozing in my car, so I didn't wanna wake her up. Uhh, not sure whether she's half awake or asleep when I was driving... bahh nevermind. Then I reached the traffic light & turned into this famous, accident-prone stretch of road beside TAR College, Jalan Tumbuhan. Weird and dumb accident happens here; if ya'll could recall the first time I drove to college and a mat rempit crashed into the back of a taxi, it happened at this very road. But I do enjoy driving here because of the smoothness of the road, most probably the smoothest road in K.L. ever paved by Samyvellu.

I was as usual, having my emo thoughts while driving & enjoying the atmosphere. In a blink of an eye, I was behind this Toyota Estima. I can't tell what was the driver trying to do, but most probably he's trying to overtake a motorcycle in front of him as he switched lane from right to left. What he didn't notice was there's another motorcycle in the left lane which was quite slow, so he was kinda dragged down while following behind the old bike. As I thought it was pretty slow to follow behind the Estima (it was doing only 40 KM/H, 50 KM/H tops), I turned into the right lane in an attempt to overtake him and the bike. The other bike on the right lane was picking up speed, so I was able to speed up a little too. Then what this 'smart' Estima driver did was, as I accelerate to overtake, he accelerated too. I did not know from where did he obtained his driving license from, because in the undang or written test, one of the crucial point of overtaking is never accelerate whenever someone is trying to overtake you. He, is doing the total opposite of it. Maybe he 'bought' his license? Anything could happen in this bribery-infested country. I didn't wanna miss a junction ahead turning left, so I thought maybe I should slow down & get behind the breadloaf-shaped van. When I slowed down, he slowed down too. That pissed me off and I got mad enough to turn on the left-turn signal light, accelerated & slipped into the left lane through the small gap of the motorcycle in front of me & the Estima on my left.

The driver of that Estima e-braked and honked at me furiously. I wonder how could a dumb, no-brainer like him make enough cheese to buy such a nice car? Dirty money, maybe. I chuckled, and turned into the junction. The Estima followed behind closely, most probably because the driver was angry over what happened about 30 seconds ago. He tail-gated me, flashing his HID headlamps, which was really irritating. Okay, so you wanna play, huh? A hard hit on the brake could easily send him crashing into my rear, but all he need to do is to pay for the damages done to both cars with his dirty money, which is not much of a lesson for a filthy rich bastard like him. I've got a brilliant idea. He wants to play. So let's play. Since money won't make him feel the slightest pinch, teaching him the value & sensation of frustration should be a better detour. Hahahah. Anger management, my friend!! So I set myself into driving-frenzy mode, and swerved in and out of traffic in the smallest gaps. So far so good, he's able to keep up. Then I was in the right lane speeding when I saw a Myvi parked at the right side of the road, which practically turned the road into a one-lane road. Then, there's a Kancil on the left, driving very very slowly. Very nice. I speed up to the back of the Myvi & then slipped into the gap between the Kancil & the Myvi. A very very small gap, and I was almost certain to get hit from the side by the Kancil if I was slower by a few miliseconds. As expected the Estima had to slow down & slowly follow behind the Kancil as it is simply too big & couldn't make it through the gap in time. Duhh, you won't get anywhere with over 200 horses in that 3.0 litre-engine with a dumbass behind the wheel. I can imagine the driver, over-frustrated & slamming his fist on the steering wheel behind those heavily-tinted glasses. Hahahah. Then I came to a traffic light & the Estima came right beside me & stopped. I could feel that he's glaring at me, even though I can't possibly see anything through the driver's window because of the dark tint, yet I just kept cool & looked straight in front with a big grin. Now who's with the final laugh? Maybe he should learn how to drive again before trying to race in a van. I'll be happy to introduce a driving instructor to him if he needs one.

I'm not sure how I could possibly drive that way without waking cheL' up. Was she that tired or is my driving skills that fine, perfect & smooth? Hahaha.. This will really be the last time I drive like this, no more crazy driving for me. I'm done, & I still haven't tell someone how much I love her yet. LoLz. So here are the lessons & road safety message to the rich drivers of enormous cars out there; drive safely, race with someone only with the comparable performance & experience, & please do not turn your high-beam on or high-light other road users & tail-gate them at the same time. Money can't buy everything, not your life, not others'. Just quit being a nuisance & a disgrace to the rich & famous. You didn't bought the road; Samyvellu paved them. Hahahahah.

Exile (Halftime) by Epik High. Only instrumentals, but worth the time.

-MXV-

No comments: