MXV's Jukebox

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Communication

It's been three days since Imeem was down, and I'm starting to worry about the featured songs for some of the previous posts which I have not uploaded yet. I wonder what happened to Imeem? Or what happened to Streamyx? I have a MSN buddy from Romania, & she's able to access the music site with no problems whatsoever. It might be caused by Streamyx being too slow to succefully load the site. Sigh.. Hope the problem will soon be solved by either TMNet or Imeem technicians, or else I'll have to find somewhere else to upload my songs.

No matter what I do, I will not be able to wipe that Malay-boy image off myself. Last night, I was having a drink with Kati at B.R.J., with a Chinese newspaper by my side, on the table. Then, a chinese girl & guy approached us and started asking, "Encik, adakah anda berminat untuk menyertai survey uMobile? Encik hanya perlu menjawab beberapa soalan ringkas dan anda akan diberi beberapa hadiah secara percuma.". I halted him before he continued, & then exclaimed that I'm a chinese in Mandarin, "Wo si hua ren.". First of all, do I really look like a Malay? Second, I suppose the chinese newspaper on the table is not convincing enough to show that I'm chinese. And the most crucial part of all, am I really that old for you to call me "Encik"?? I know that the guy is trying to be polite, but he's using wrong words on the wrong person. I allowed them to continue anyway, & helped them with their survey because the girl is kinda cute. Hahaha. In the end, I'm given three 018 simpacks, and I gave one to Kati on the spot. Gave the other one to cheL' and one for myself.

The cute girl working for uMobile. Sorry for the low resolution, my current camera sucks and ya'll will have to wait for quite some time before I get myself a better camera. Sigh.

Random shot~

Kati, dumbfounded after the survey incident.

B.R.J. always play Hong Kong movies on it's big screen via projector, and I was pretty shocked by their choice for the movie last night. A HK mob story was played, I don't know the title. It was OK, showing a guy trying to return to the right path after being released from jail, and taking good care of his sisters. But then as the movie progresses, it got to a point where one of the sisters (a gambler that couldn't cope with her own addiction) could not pay the loan sharks, and one night she was brought to a club to face one of the gang leaders / loan sharks. She was drugged and gang-raped on the table in the club. The raping part was kinda.. erm.. revealing? I didn't know that playing movies containing sexual scenes like this in public is being accepted nowadays, especially in Malaysia. Ya' know, all those stuffs about Islamic teachings, considering that B.R.J. is actually a mamak or Indian-Muslim restaurant. This shouldn't be happening, even in a chinese area like Wangsa Maju Section 2. I'm just saying that it might trigger some troubles.. Ahh not gonna give a damn about it.

I've got exciting news, well at least for myself. LoL. This blog is now the first link that appears in Yahoo! & Google when searched with the keyword "mx lair". Hahaha.. Don't blame me for being over-excited about it. I'm just happy that at least it is popular enough to make it into the first page of search engines.

Yahoo! Search.

Google Search.

Yeah.. So proud about it.. LoL. Oh right. I've changed the sport rims on my car to better-looking ones. Hahaha. Didn't change the size of the rims, still at 14-inch. Because larger rims means heavier, more rolling resistance which equals to lowered performance of the car & higher fuel consumption. Larger rims are also more expensive. I was offered RM 630 to replace my 14-inch rims with a new set of 15-inch local JRD rims. The idea of a set of beautiful huge rims on my car certainly sounds good, but there are more drawbacks than just plain looking good. And then, the taukeh recommended me a set of 14-inch ADR rims from Taiwan, which is much lighter & sexier than the stock AND 15-inch rims, and I only have to add another RM 500 as I do not have to change the tires since they are of the same size of the stock rims. RM 500, WITHOUT hidden charges.. Darn it. In the end the whole thing was RM 750. RM 250 for the bolts, metal air tube & alloy bearing to hold the rims in place. Luckily I didn't choose the 15-inch rims instead, or the subtotal will leap to a whopping RM 880. At the end of the day, Kati & I came up with a meaningful danger-of-smoking-warning-like sentence: "Every inch KILLS." Heh.

Eeh.. Much better than the original Perodua sport rims ^^.

Not that clear.. Hmm..

Sent my car for a car wash after that. Only RM 5 for wash & vacuum, which I think is quite a good deal.


RM 5.. A price that can't be found anywhere in the town.. LoL.

Ok.. I think the post for today is kinda extra long already. Hope that the Imeem problem will be fixed A.S.A.P., or I'll have no choice but to upload to a file hosting site for direct downloads, or to find another reliable music site. Sigh. Communication, by Armin Van Buuren. Again, I will try to access the site & upload all the songs that I have missed.. Very sorry for the delay.

-MXV-

No comments: