MXV's Jukebox

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

海闊天空

I'm very, very sorry for the extremely late post for today. I got too carried away for a while just now, and when I look at the clock, I felt like I've missed something today. Then I took some time to think, and finally figured out that I haven't typed anything for the post today. LoL.

Holidays couldn't be any more boring than this. Yeah, especially if you are going out with MY friends, which, honestly, most of them are boring. Went Times Square with Melvin this morning to take his laptop from the service centre. Tried to get cheL' to come along but she woke up only at 11 P.M., & said that she will not be joining us. So sad. After having our lunch at Station Kopitiam, the first thing I asked him was, " Where do you wanna go next? ". He gave me an answer which I kinda expected already before I asked him the question. " Don't know la.. Go home only la.. ". It's only 12.30 P.M. at that time. Very well, I sent him home & stayed at his house for a while, feeling sleepy & almost dozed off before I excused myself to go home.

Reached home at around 3 P.M., my dad's at home. Didn't bother to take a shower, checked my MSN, blog & mailbox for a while before taking an afternoon nap. I went to sleep wearing my socks & watch, with my phone, wallet & card wallet in my pockets. Snored & snored until 7 P.M.. Woke up & saw my dad, ready to go out. Not sure where to, I didn't bother to ask him. My mom & maid are not home yet, so I knew I had to find my dinner by myself. Drove to Soon Ly at Section 2, take-away belachan fried rice. Hmm..

Went Melawati after that, & bought a double special burger. Haha. I thought I might need more than just a plate of fried rice to ease my hunger (I was literally starving). Couldn't hold back my need to eat, once I reached home I finished everything in less than 10 minutes.

My belachan fried rice.. Huhu..


My beloved Double Special burger.. Huhuu..

There's this HK Cantopop band, Beyond, that's kinda popular in & around Asia during the 80-90s. The members started out by playing in schools & night clubs, and their unique talents were noticed by Leslie Chan, their late manager. They gained popularity from there on, until the death of one of the band members, Wong Ka Kui. Ka Kui was the mastermind of Beyond, the lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist, not to mention that he wrote the lyrics for almost 90% of Beyond's songs. It was a tragedy, while filming a gameshow for Fuji Television in Japan on June 24, 1993, Wong Ka-Kui fell off a 3 meter platform head first, and was hospitalized immediately. He died after spending several days in coma due to internal bleeding of head injuries. He is undoubtedly one of the best HK artist in history.

There was this song used in one of the tobacco advertisements in Malaysia, if I'm not mistaken, by Peter Stuyvesant. That was way back in 1994 or 1995 where tobacco advertisements were not banned yet. I searched high & low for this song for a couple of years without knowing the name of the song & the band. Found it about 2 years ago in my father's car. The song was playing on the CD player in my father's car, & I secretly took the CD from his car & ripped it into my PC. And then it took me another 2 years to find out the title (the CD is a compilation, ripped it into my PC without any info). 海闊天空, or Boundless Oceans, Vast Skies. Regarded as one of the best songs by Beyond, I know I must share this with ya'll. Enjoy this one here, & may Wong Ka Kui live in our memories forever.

-MXV-

No comments: