MXV's Jukebox

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Matchstick Paradise

First and foremost; no, this is not a post depicting racism. Just to ensure that I don't receive any comments from some that talk before they think.

As we all know, it's the fasting month for the Muslims now. And I'm sure most of you will agree with me that some of these 'fasters' are impatient on the road. Something happened just now when I'm driving back home, and I felt that I should blog about it.

I was at the junction turning into Wangsa Melawati, opposite of the KLSC. I was at the outer lane, so I tapped on the left-turn signal & slowly switched into the left lane. I do notice that there's a taxi behind me, trying to switch into the right lane. The taxi simply swerved into the right lane without the right-turn signal, and he came up on my right, honked me & showed me his middle finger. I believe this is a familiar situation for most drivers with probationary licenses like me, as these so called 'experienced' drivers thinks that we're easy to be bullied. Deep down in my heart, I was cursing him, hoping that he'll crash into the trailer in front of him. Come on, just because you're fasting, it doesn't mean that you can drive like your daddy owns the road. I'm sure the Quran teaches ya'll to be patient during the fasting period, not inconsiderate while doing things. Rude taxi drivers like him spoils the image of our country. They're the first to be blamed if our country's reputation on the international stage is damaged. There's also an article that I've read on MSNBC, stating that our taxi services are some of the worst in the world. Taxi drivers refuses to use the meter and overcharges foreign tourists, particularly at tourist attractions, KLCC as an excellent example. Sometimes not even the locals are spared from these cut-throats.

Does this song fit into the 'emo' category? I don't know.. You listen to it & decide yourself. Heh. Mathcstick Paradise, by Linda Chung, the pretty newcomer in TVB. Oh yes, the 2004 Miss Chinese International.. Huhu.. Enjoy..

-MXV-

2 comments:

rieL said...

First of all,
u should not assume that all muslims are fasting, as there are actually quite a number of ignorant people out there who are just muslims coz its written on their IC, not bcoz they've chosen to be one. Especially in KL. Therefore, they do not really understand the true meaning of fasting, as we are actually required to control our anger,lust, and several other things besides holding ourselves from eating and drinking during daytime. I myself had a hard time returning home yesterday using the same route I believe. Everybody was busy rushing home, buying stuffs, the double parkings, etc. Oh well. Maybe thats just who they are, they really like to curse and being rude and such; maybe it has nothing to do with race and religion. I really hope that u could leave Quran and Islam out of this. And start to see someone as an individual, instead of generalizing. Thanks :)

MXV said...

But I suppose a middle-aged man with a kopiah on his head would most probably be fasting. =)

And as I said, no offence to those who reads this post. =)

Jangan la terasa, bang. Puasa ke tak ni? Heh.. I knew this post is somehow gonna 'provoke' some comments when someone actually read it. I'm not saying that all Muslims are rude on the road, no, if you would re-read the whole post. And AS I SAID... It'll be a month of controlling anger, patience, lust & several other sin-invoking factors, just like what you've previously stated.

Don't you think an 'experienced' driver like him should show more respect to the others on the road, and be an example to the noobs like me? =)

1.I did say that it's the fasting month for the Muslims, but I did not state the fact that ALL of them are fasting.

2.SOME, of these 'fasters' are impatient on the road. And again, not ALL.

3.Maybe, it has got nothing to do with religion & race, Quran & Islam, but please do note that this post is of what I saw with my own eyes yesterday.

4.Does this also mean that I don't have the right to speak about what I think of the Quran & Islam? o.O Don't get me wrong, I respect Islam & Quran more than you think I do.

5.Well, maybe I didn't make it clear enough in my post that I'm GENERALLY referring to RUDE DRIVERS on the road. I'm sure you'll have to agree with me that HE is not the only rude driver we have in this world, and not all of them are Muslim. I've seen worse Chinese 'ah beng' drivers, but again, this post is of what I SAW yesterday. =)

6.I just said this just now, right? Shouldn't you have more patience if you're actually fasting?

7.Do we really have to continue this? I sense that racism is still a big problem in our country, and this is also a sensitive issue.

Just my 2 cents. =)

-MXV-