MXV's Jukebox

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Eye Of The Tiger

Funny how we Malaysians live in a place where everything is slow. When I said everything, I mean EVERYTHING. You see, the traffic is slow most of the time, movie updates are slow, new PC hardwares are coming in slow, games & their consoles are imported years after the Japan & U.S. made their debut, even sending your car to a service centre for disc brakes replacement is slow. Went Perodua Service Centre to claim a pair of new disc brakes today, and I'm uber disappointed by the service I received. Here's the story:

Reached the service centre at 9:40 A.M., parked my car, went into the office & pressed a button labelled ' Walk-In Service ' on a small printing machine to take my number. 116. The number on the LCD display was 114. So I thought I was lucky as there're only 2 more numbers to go, & I didn't expect that it would take almost 1/2 an hour before my turn. Why? The clerk was walking here & there, making herself look so busy eventhough her job was actually pretty easy; just attend to a customer, print a receipt out for the customer & pass the keys to one of the mechanic, & then start calling the next customer. She made it look like she's the one that'll be servicing the cars. Lame. Anyway, I tried to be patient & waited for her to call my number, although I was pretty irritated by the sight of her walking around chit-chatting & laughing wickedly like a hyena. 1/2 an hour passed & finally, it's my turn. Sat down there & told her about claiming a new pair of disc brakes, & then she asked me something funny : ' Have you called the service centre earlier? Did the service centre called you to come to us for the disc brakes replacement? '. I was like, WTF??! I have to CALL?? Nobody told me anything about calling the service centre first before sending my car there, & it wasn't stated anywhere on the warranty booklet too. I simply love it when she said, ' saya tak faham la apa kamu cakap ', or ' I don't understand what you're talking about ' when I told her about the disc brakes. Then she told me to pass the keys to the mechanic & take a seat while the mechanic test the brakes. I waited for another 1/2 an hour before the mechanic actually started test driving the car. I will not comment on the time taken during the test drive, which is about 20-30 minutes. I met Mr. Ruben there, which was my History tuition teacher back in the days where I was still in secondary school. At least we are able to kill some time by chatting while waiting for the slowpokes to get their jobs done. The mechanic came back after that, & passed the keys back to the ungrateful clerk behind the counter. She called me to the counter, & told me something which almost cause me a nervous breakdown. They'll make the order for my disc brakes & I'll have to wait for a freakin' long month before the stock comes in. One month just to replace a pair of disc brakes?? I am so fucked-up. Ya'll see the reason why the accident rate in Malaysia is so high?

Left the service centre after the ordeal & called my another ex-tuition teacher that met my father a few weeks ago & asked for me to call him whenever I'm free. I did called him, and we promised to meet at a restaurant nearby to yumcha. Well, he stood me up, or fong fei kei-ed me by calling me at the very last minute, telling me that he couldn't make it as he'll have to go somewhere else. Ok fine, I finished up my char koay teow & iced Nescafe before heading to college to fetch Chan. Went tBun, played for 2 hours, and 2 hours straight of DotA, victorious over both games. Went back to the same service shop where I've done my wheel alignments yesterday & replaced the brake pads. At least there were less vibration on the steering wheel after changing a new pair of brake pads. RM 95 bye bye~ Fetched Brian & sent Chan back to college for his exam before going to a car audio shop in Melawati & gave my dashboard a whole new look. Well, not the dashboard actually, just part of the panel holding the CD player. Traded in my 2-DIN panel & added another RM 20 for a newer & neater panel with smoother surface, & this is how it looks like after replacing the panel.

Definitely cleaner with no sharp edges & smoother surface.

Went back home, showered, & then went out again just now for dinner with Chan & Brian. Yong-tau-foo this time, at Wangsa Melawati. Not bad, but the soup is a little too salty.

I was wondering when will all these moments of unhappiness & anger be gone. It all started on my birthday week, & it hadn't stopped since. Sigh..

Something for the clubbers today : Eye Of The Tiger [ Football Republic Number One Edit ], by Willfire feat. Slash. It never came to my mind that the remix of an old song like this one here could be as good as new songs too. Let's dance~

-MXV-

No comments: