MXV's Jukebox

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wu Shen Lu

You see, the piss-off is neverending for me. Just got my brake pads replaced, wheels re-aligned & rebalanced today. Cost me about RM 250, which I will insistingly claim from my parents. Why? Because that RM 250 came from my allowance, and for the past few weeks I wasn't the one driving my car. It was my dad instead, & nobody know him better than me. Judging by the way he drive... God knows what'll happen to that unfortunate buyer of his cars. Seriously. My mom doesn't really care about the cleanliness & tidyness in the car, especially when there's someone like my maid to clean the car every now & then. But for me, I'd rather take it into my own hands. I admit I am a little fussy whenever it comes to my list of possesions. Okay, VERY FUSSY. So I chose not to let my maid touch the interior of my car; she's only allowed to clean the exterior of the car. I clean, polish & vacuum the interior all by myself to ensure that there's not a single fine fragment of sand on my dashboard.

It's okay when it's about maintaing the interior, although some irrepairable, unfixable scratches here & there by my mom's sharp nails or her shoes (trust me, I don't know how her shoe marks can get as far up as on to my dashboard, somewhere near the airbag deployment area) still causes immense heartache whenever I look at them. I don't lose anything keeping the interior clean, only the time consumed in pursuing the tip-top condition. BUT, maintaining the performance of the car at mint condition is pricey. This is the second time I've replaced the brake pads (which should be changed every 20,000 KMs according to the mechanic) although it haven't even tipped 16,000 KMs on the tripmeter. It's not cheap to replace them either when a pair costs RM 150. It's the way of driving that affects the life of the brake pads; accelerate & brake too often (which is the exact same way my father drives) will shorten it. I'm getting more & more frustrated every time he wanted to use my car, because it was never once returned to me in the same condition I gave him. Heck, even the keys doesn't come back the way they should.

I'll have to send my car to the service centre again by January 1st, 2008, or on it's 16,447th KMs, whichever comes first. It was less than a month since I sent my car to the service centre, and soon I'll have to send it there again. Coming close to 16,000 KMs soon. Now, 4000 KMs in a month is absurd. Ridiculous. They won't get to touch my car anymore when the new Innova comes in end of this week, or early next week. Never. Whenever I thought of or heard my seat creak, the windows shake... ARGH!!

Studying for Chemistry Paper 4 tomorrow. After the paper I'll drive to Sri Petaling to meet my aunt & cousin for a dinner, most likely. Good luck to all sitting for Paper 4 tomorrow. Wu Shen Lu, Stanley Huang.

-MXV-

No comments: