MXV's Jukebox

Monday, November 17, 2008

Teardrop

What a day it was for me. It's never-ending, and that most likely won't change for quite some time. Readers that live somewhere around Jalan Genting Klang or Ayer Panas should know what it's like to move in and out of the area. With irresponsible drivers doing double parkings and stuffs like that, it's as if they weren't worried that their vehicles may be damaged by other cars. There are shitloads of dumb stuffs that most Malaysian drivers do, but let's just cut it short. It'll be a long, long post today and I don't wanna bore my readers with some grandmother stories on how good some Malaysian drivers are at doing double or even triple parking.

I drove my mom to her office today, and was leaving the building where I turned into a lane, and there was a dump truck in front of me. It's a single lane, a very narrow road. The dump truck doesn't seem to be leaving that road in any time soon, so the sanitation workers (is that what you call a bunch of Bangladeshis working with thrash and a dump truck? I forgot the term, but nevermind), with their body languages (eww..) detoured me, turning right into an alley. The one-lane road is already narrow enough, an alley between the shophouses is even more constricted. The width of the lane is about the same as the width of a mid-sized MPV, so it should be accesible to small cars like mine. Even the dump trucks uses these lanes to clear rubbishes from the shops. And that means I shouldn't have any problems driving there. Well... Maybe not. The alley is already narrow enough, and there are plenty of cars & vans parking at the side of it. See how skilled Malaysian drivers are? I'm starting to believe in what I was once told; if you can drive in Malaysia, you can drive anywhere else in the world. I still managed to squeeze through & drive past the cars with one side of my car millimetres away from the drain. And then, I came to an end of the alley where I will have to turn left. Good Lord, there's a Proton Saga parked at the side of the junction. It was basically a half lane road turning into another half lane path. How the fuck am I supposed to turn?? I had no choice and couldn't reverse as there was a van trailling behind me, so I had to give it a try. I tried to turn in as gently & slowly as possible, and it seemed to be working. From the side mirror, I saw how close was the Saga to my car. I had to concentrate at my side of the car as there's a deep drain, and I don't wanna end up in it. I turned my steering wheel a little more, and that's where it all went wrong. I heard a crack from the back, and on that very moment I knew I hit the Saga. Somehow I managed to turn into the junction as the van behind me reversed a little, and then I saw the damages done to the Saga. THE WHOLE BUMPER WAS RIPPED OFF & CRACKED!! I drove out of the alley into the main road and stopped at the side to check my car. Some long thin dents on my doors and paint from the Saga. At that very moment, I felt like smashing the windscreen of that ignorant's Saga, but I held myself back & thought that the damages done to his car should be enough to compensate my anger. He has got a broken bumper, ripped off & shattered at the corners. Replacing the whole bumper is a must since it was shattered & the brackets were broken. He also had a broken headlight, and with my so-called experience of working with bumpers and headlights, they'll cost about RM 400-500 to fix. Serves you right, mofo. Hopefully he'll be crying his ass off over his new Saga for his own stupidity to park in an already tight alley.

I went back to my car and saw some paint that chipped off that Saga was sticking to the dents on my doors. I always keep a can of WD-40 spray in my car, and that shit is marvelous. Took it out of my boot, sprayed it on the paint residues and wiped them away. Voila! There wasn't a single scratch on my car, and that magical WD-40 removed all of the dirt & paint that were stuck to the dents. WD-40 is a reliable multipurpose lubricant that can also serve as a cleaner. More like the Zippo. Chan knew a workshop, the same place where he fixed his door after an accident a few months ago, and recommended that I should send my car there. He looked at the dents and told me that it won't cost more than RM 50 as they were pretty small compared to his. And I did saw his car after the accident; a big portion, (I mean it, it's the size of a capati plate), and he fixed it for RM 50. Maybe I'll pay a visit to the workshop soon, after my exams. As ya'll know, I'm fussy about my car, so fixing it is a must.

Nevermind about what happened. I called Brian up just to yum cha, but after the brunch session we ended up at Bukit Tinggi Resorts instead. Just for fun, since I haven't visited the resorts for quite some time already. Then here's the laugh of the day; Brian was sitting at the passenger seat next to me & we we're at the entrance to Colmar Tropicale / Japanese Garden and we'll have to pay the admission fees. I was expecting it to be around RM 20 for 2, but I was wrong. It was only RM 18. Why? Because the girl at the booth thought that Brian is under 12 years old, children category!! Hahahah.. So it was RM 10 for me, RM 8 for him. Baby-faced lucky bastard.. LoL. And of course I took some pictures..

The tickets. Why is his ticket cheaper?? Because he can't GROW UP!!

View of the entrance from the inside of the resort.

Another view from a different angle.

Swans!! The symbol of love & fidelity.. =)

Bad angle, can't really see the black swans..

The lorry spoiled the view. =(

A better way to present the white swans. =)

A view from the tower. Very nice. Very... Frenchy. LoL.

Swimming pool for guests.

Taking a rest at the poolside with a 12-year-old-looking kid. Did I just made myself sound like a freaking pedophile?? Oh my God..

We then left Colmar Tropicale to the Japanese Garden. Although the admission fee was quite a rip off, I have to admit that Berjaya Holdings had made some major improvements on the resorts. There are new hotels now, which means more rooms for tourists coming from all over the world. Heck, I even assisted a Korean family that spoke the slightest of English to take pictures. I remembered the last time I visited the resorts during the peak season, which was about three to four years ago and there were no vacancy for two weeks, and you can expect that I was pretty disappointed.

Below are some pictures of the Japanese Garden.

Random~

Japanese carps!! I love fish.. =) Err, not as in eating them.. LoL.

One of the camera spots..

A fake waterfall. Noooo... I'm not letting you guys down, but it is really genuinely fake!!

Poser.

The entrance is a little too small, isn't it?

Makes a good picture to end the 'slideshow' for today. =)


Am I finished yet? No, I'm not done yet. There are still plenty of things for me to crap about, that's if you guys don't mind. Heck, why would I bother even if you guys mind?? It's my blog for God's sake!! LoL.

Now, you guys might remember the blisters I get on my left foot from the extensive walking I had about a week ago. Exactly a week ago. The good news is, it doesn't hurt anymore and the dead epithelials are falling off by themselves. Sounds too biological to you? The bad news is, the new skin which is supposed to form in place of the torn skin, is HARD!! It doesn't hurt at all when I walk, but whenever I pressed on the wound (or the new skin), it feels like I'm stepping on a plastic that chipped off the food container. And then there's a space between the outer layer of the skin & tissue underneath, a space that is completely void of anything except air. Poking the hard skin produces cracking sounds, which is kinda scary. LoL. I'm only hoping that it will heal as soon as possible, and then no more cracking while walking.

It's getting tricky here. Hahaha. Alright... Janice!! Ahh don't pretend, I know you're reading this. LoL. You might even be wondering why am I talking about you in this post, but that, I will explain later. You know... I'm happy for you, at least your life is heading towards the bright side (Erm.. I don't know about others but I do know your love life is. xD). Why did I said that? Why are those words coming from me? I don't know.. I just felt the urge to do so. So here it is. YOU!! I know you're in your little dilemma of whether you should confess to that *Ivan or not. Well, honestly, I think you should. I know, just who am I to decide for you? But that's just my two cents, my humble opinion. Finding someone that you like is as easy as counting 1-2-3 or saying A-B-C, but stumbling upon the one you really love happens once in a blue moon. Do not let the fear of rejection or whatsoever infiltrate you. Anyway, I'll still support you no matter what decision you're making. All the best. =)

I do notice that there're just a few more days left before college is finally over. We might not see each other again, but if I do bump into you, it's impossible I'll pass by without saying a hi. This might be awkward for you to hear, for me to say, but I'd like to thank you for what we've been through. True, a year has passed, and most probably I shouldn't be bringing them old memories up again. Yet, I appreciate all the time you had spent with me over the short period of our relationship, and I feel I should somehow show you my gratefulness. Those moments might be a waste of time to you, but they are what I cherish most. I know I will never be able to find someone to replace you, as you're exceptionally special in your own way. Uhh.. Well, everyone is unique in their own ways.. There are no two individuals alike, right? Hmm.. I think you still owe me a drink at Starbucks for the phone repair, if I'm still sane enough to remember. Haha.. Just kidding. So this post and the song for today is dedicated to you.. Erm.. Maybe not the whole post.. Part of the post? Heh.. I think that's about it.. Tremendous luck for the last few AS & A2 papers and all the undertakings in your life. See you when I see you, if I see you.

How to make a post that is already long even longer? Well... Include the lyrics!! Haha.. Teardrop by Anthony Wong. Yeah, it's the cover version of the original by Massive Attack. Yep, the soundtrack for House M.D., if ya'll may recall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love, love is a verb
Love is a doing word
Fearless on my breath
Gentle impulsion
Shakes me makes me lighter
Fearless on my breath

Teardrop on the fire
Fearless on my breath

Nine night of matter
Black flowers blossom
Fearless on my breath
Black flowers blossom
Fearless on my breath

Teardrop on the fire
Fearless on my breath

Water is my eye
Most faithful mirror
Fearless on my breath
Teardrop on the fire of a confession
Fearless on my breath
Most faithful mirror
Fearless on my breath

Teardrop on the fire
Fearless on my breath

You're stumbling in the dark..
You're stumbling in the dark...
You're stumbling in the dark....
You're stumbling in the dark.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good day, mates.

-MXV-

No comments: