MXV's Jukebox

Friday, November 14, 2008

Ipohmali

Woke up early to get my car serviced today. I hate waiting, so being early definitely helps put me on the top of the waiting list. Costed me a whopping RM 130, and I was told that the next service at 22k KMs will cost me more, around RM 200++ as there are more components to be changed. Even the clerk was shocked looking at the service records; 1 month 3 days since the last service, & my car has done more than 5k KMs.

I'm not sure what got into me today. Maybe a restless child spirit or something, because I just spent RM 12 on Madagascar 2. It's not that bad to be watching a cartoon at the cinema, but I never in the first place thought that I chose to watch it over a number of methods I have to temporarily lift the weight off my shoulder. Well, surfing along the highway at tremendous speed to Genting doesn't seem to be my primary choice today, as I've just serviced my car. And for a number of times, I just have the urge to drive to the airport at night, enjoy the scenery & maybe take a stroll shopping for chocolates before going back. It didn't happen. Instead, I found myself sitting in the crowd of ridiculously romantic couples, watching a cartoon that I shouldn't be watching alone. YES, I'M JEALOUS!! Oh well..


I've never actually watched Madagascar before, so I didn't really know the storyline before Madagascar 2. I can only tell that it's a sequel (obviously), and it's still good to watch even if the audience had no idea of what happened in the first movie. There're mild dirty jokes occasionally, but that's if only the kids watching it would understand. Nevertheless, this is still a good getaway option for you to set yourself free of tension, at least for a while. 4.1 out of 5 stars.

I've chatted with Christopher earlier, and I found out that he'll be re-sitting again for AS Chemistry. I know the reason why he's doing this, but I don't see the logic in sitting for the exam without taking another semester. It might be only one subject, but attending classes will make it easier for him to study. I don't know; just who am I to tell him to take another semester. But what he told me earlier today kinda made me re-think of my future. He may seem to be fore-seeing his future a little too early, but it's good to plan things earlier that'll benefit ourselves rather than having a last minute rush. I'm gonna work real hard for Biology.

Any Malaysians here familiar with the rapper Point Blanc? Yeah, local rapper, but do not ever in any circumstances think that local artists have no future. At least Point Blanc proved it wrong. His album, Straight to the Point, made it to the international level. I bought the album quite some time ago, but chucked it away in my CD rack. Saw it today & decided to rip the album into my PC just so that I can share with my peeps. So here's Ipohmali, by our Ipoh-ian rapper Nicholas Ong, or simply, Point Blanc. Featuring DJ Fuzz and Jaclyn Victor from Malaysian Idol. Who says local artists ain't good for anything?

-MXV-

1 comment:

Jie Juan said...

Point Blanc also has his own clothing line in Echo Park, they're awesome.