MXV's Jukebox

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ham Kar Ling

Something very funny happened today. Ya' guys, those who are simply too free just like me that checks on the cinema movie listings every minute or so will definitely know about the latest Cantonese kung fu movie Ip Man. So my cousin and his wife decided to bring me along to the movie. Funny though, there's actually a movie, a comedy flick that's showing at the same time. Yeap, the one starring Jim Carrey as Carl Allen in Yes Man. I reminded my cousin AND the girl over at the counter not to mistaken the Ip Man with Yes Man. 3 times, 3 motherfucking times. And that slut still gave us tickets to Yes Man instead of Ip Man. We thought that 3 times of reminding is enough to avoid any mistakes, so we waited till 9:05 P.M. for the screening time. Waited till 9:10 P.M., the LED indicator on cinema 6 is still not illuminated yet, but patrons are allowed to enter cinema 3 for quite some time, & we're really frustrated about that. Checked the ticket and indeed, we we're given the wrong fucking tickets. Complained at the counter but that ignorant bitch just can't do anything about it as the tickets for Ip Man are completely sold out.

So, we had no choice but to wait & watch Yes Man at 9:40 P.M.. We we're given 11 complimentary tickets as refund to our 30-minute loss. Yes, 11 tickets. Watched Yes Man, and it was fantastic. Do not ever underestimate that movie as a money-wasting show; it's funny and inspirational at some point. I'll post up the review very soon as I can't do so now (blogging in a rush), but an early rating from me will be a staggering 4.95 out of 5. It is THAT good. I'm not kidding. Also, I might be blogging less often these few days, till I get back to Malaysia. I'll be back very soon, maybe around the 21st or 22nd of December, and I have my own reasons.

Ham Kar Ling, by LMF. Very obscene song in Cantonese, don't listen to it if you can't handle it.

Oh right, something from a Chinese newspaper; a guy was robbed at a cash deposit machine, and he fought the robber. He was slashed on his face, but he fought back with a motorcycle helmet, hitting the robber repeatedly on the head, causing injury & bleeding. As the robber was caught and the both of them were sent to the hospital. The victim received over 100 stitches, and the bad news isn't over yet for him. The robber's blood was tested & diagnosed HIV positive. So there is a possibility that blood transfer happened during the fight and the robbery victim might be infected with AIDS as well. So a word of advice from me; if you're approached by robber(s) (touchwood), just give them what they want. Life worth more than a couple hundred of ringgits or your thousand-ringgit watch. You won't know what will happen if you fight them.

-MXV-

No comments: