MXV's Jukebox

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Feel Good Inc.

Yeap, feeling good is what most, if not, all the youngsters of today are seeking for. Clubbing, smoking, alcohol & drugs. But before I get into the main topic, there's something that I wanna share with all of you..


Yeah, I bought a new phone for myself. I was offered a deal, actually.. The original price for the phone now in the market is about RM 599, but someone I know offered me a rock-bottom price, which I will not reveal as it might cause some discomfort to my blog readers.. xD

So, what is it? It's a 2.0 MP camera flip phone, with an additional VGA camera on the inside for 3G video calling, as well as a memory slot supporting up to 4GB of Micro SD. In this case, however, a 1-GB Micro SD memory card comes with the package. Yep, it's the not-so-new Motorola RAZR MAXX V6 Ferrari Limited Edition. Package includes the usual stuffs; a 12-month warranty card, battery charger, headphones, phone-PC cable, a Motorola keychain and of course, a Ferrari Red Limited Edition pouch.


So what the Motorola team did to the ordinary RAZR MAXX V6 was, they stuck a Ferrari Scuderia logo on to the top front of the phone, a Ferrari theme with special tones, & TONS of pictures of Ferrari cars. I'm not kidding.

Sorry for the blur image. Picture taken with my W980's crappy 3.2 MP camera.

And oh, they printed the word 'Ferrari' on the back of the phone, too.

One of the most prominent feature of Motorola's RAZR series would be the 'thickness' of the phones. Erm, it's supposed to be slim, but the difference of the thickness between this phone & Sony's W980 is..well, it's hard to see. Maybe around ±0.1 mm?

Side view.

Frontal view, typical Motorola RAZR design.

I shouldn't complain much about the phone as the price is unreasonably low, and it's NEW. Acquired this phone as a 3rd phone, after my W980 and B110, Hotlink & uMobile. This one here will be carrying a new Celcom sim card. Inform me if you want my Celcom number. Hahaha.

Okay, enough about my new phone. Back to the main topic..

Clubbing, anyone?

It's weird, but even in my late teen venturing into my 20s, I might possibly never understand the fun of nightlife involving hard, thrashing music, cigarettes, alcohol & drugs. What's the fun in it? Not to mention the things that I've seen in places like this; girls getting groped in the dark, strangers or sometimes even friends spiking drinks, couples getting high & getting it on in the toilet, they actually set this perception in my mind that clubbing is an activity for the jobless & lifeless. No offence to friends of mine who are avid clubbers, it's just what I think.

But seriously, why? Why clubbing, smoking, drinking & drug abuse when the cash could be better spent for something else? An investment, perhaps? Everything in a club is over-priced. Hard liquor, especially. A bottle of J.D. or Chivas would easily fetch over RM 200-300 in a club, almost double the price paid for the same thing in most supermarkets. Point one clarified; it's not cheaper to drink at a club. And you risk getting your drinks spiked too.

The essence & atmosphere of clubbing usually consists of heavy cigarette smoke, heavy alcohol smell, loud music, & people dancing on a floor smeared with vomit. Let's just say that a girl were to go clubbing just for the music & dance.. I'm sorry, but I don't seem to be able to get this off my mind; I've seen guys, total strangers, grabbing girls in clubs, 7 times in a single night. I don't care what ya'll are going to say, I just wanna make my second point clear. Be careful, girls, if you were to ever set foot into places like this.

Third and the last point. Drugs are simply so common among clubbers nowadays. Ecstasy? Ice? Heroine in Perillys cigarettes? Some clubbers desperately seek ways to get high quicker & faster than simply drinking, they resort to drugs. Now, it's perfectly alright if they wanna spoil their own life by taking drugs, but it seems that they're also using it on their peers by secretly mixing drugs into their drinks or cigarettes. Drugs causes addiction & dependance, and when used in large quantity, they put one's health in risk.

I've seen shits happening to friends that I care about a lot, people around me who matters & means a lot to me, and I don't want more of them to get into these.

Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz.

-MXV-

No comments: