MXV's Jukebox

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Maestro

I've never once failed tearing whenever I watch Ip Man. Call me a strong Chinese, but the storyline really managed to touch my heart deep down under, a place where no other movies or stories could possibly reach. It must have been the umpteenth time that I watched the first Ip Man, but it never fails to amuse me & give me the same sense of pride, amour-propre. The dignity, the gratification of being a Chinese.

Looking forward to watch Ip Man 2, most probably when I return to Malaysia for summer holidays. I hope it packs the same kind of punch & awe as it's prequel. Definitely a movie that should not be missed by my fellow Chinese friends.

Kenji Kawai - Maestro.

-MX-

1 comment:

David Chung said...

Ip Man 2 is great....I even think it's greater than Iron Man 2, lol...

Never knew the music was composed by Kenji Kawai.....first heard of this name from the Death Note movie....