MXV's Jukebox

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sexy Bitch

Ignore the title for this post, for once. I'm feeling very very ecstatic & delirious from the amount of torture & pressure that I'm currently going through. I've had exams & tests 3 weeks in a row, & I'm not getting any breaks yet. Still, I'm here to update this blog just so that you guys wouldn't lose interest & get disappointed with the decreasing amount of posts over the time. Pathetic, huh? Yes, I'm here to, uh, well.. I'd rather say, 'share' my worst fears that are building up. Fears, of living in Moscow. The cases & incidents that I am going to tell you are based on true stories, I didn't make them up.

Third month into the fourth of my life here in Moscow, & I've seen enough to weaken my knees & fear of the worst happening every single time I set foot out of my hostel.

As most of my die-hard readers know, the other day I saw a dead body at the traffic light, & I was horrified at the sight of it & the fact that nobody gives a damn about that dead man. I thought that was it. I thought that was all. I was wrong. I was so wrong.

About 2 weeks ago, a train from Moscow to St. Petersburg was bombed & derailed. Deaths & injuries were reported, Google it up for the exact number.

And yes, the same incident happened two years ago, where a train was bombed & also derailed on the very same route, Moscow - St. Petersburg.

In April 2007, about 3 years ago, foreign students were told to stay in their dorms to prevent unwanted attacks on Adolf Hitler's birthday, which is on the 20th of April. Yes, racist attacks.

A few of my friends that went to the Manchester Utd. vs. Russia football match managed to escape from mobs that went berserk & attacked foreigners at the stadium after the Russian team lost.

4 days ago, my friend was robbed while he was buying a shaurma near a supermarket. He lost his phone & about 3000 roubles in cash, which converts into about RM 350. Fortunately, he wasn't hurt.

About 3 days ago, I was informed that a man was murdered near the M1 building, & the body was dumped on the Metro railway tracks & a train ran over it.

Things like this happens every single day. Road rage is common, I've seen people getting down of their cars & fighting in the middle of the road. Every single day, something happens & people die without valid reasons, & at times they die an unwilling death. I'm just so paranoid, so afraid till I couldn't care more. I can't be bothered anymore by things like this.

Of course I've not forgotten about the winter pics that I've promised. But not now. Blame it on global warming, ya? Snowing had just begun, and I'm still waiting for the inch-thick snow cover to form before taking pictures of them beautiful sceneries. No, that ain't typo. In a week's time, my fellow readers.

And yes, even with all the safety issues aside, I've managed to find a little bit of comfort & company here. Some dramatic friends I've made with their dramatic stories. Their love lives, their studies, their issues with their own friends or even room-mates which seems to be more important than their up & coming exams. Drama, drama & more drama. Yes, definitely.. It's not that bad after all, there are good things that are happening around me, which I really appreciate. Things that cheered me up, well, at least by a little. I'm not being over-proud of myself, but.. I have a friend here, & upon discovering my collection of songs & techno, club-style tracks & the songs that I introduce to him, he told me that he 'trust my taste in picking the finest tracks, which is comparable to picking a needle out of a stack of hay'. I'm offered a task by a senior; to be the DJ for the up & coming Christmas gathering-cum-party which will be held on the 19th of December by the Malaysian Christian Fellowship. I feel honoured. I really am. But I do also have my own worries; it's been years since I last played songs for gatherings. I really don't wanna screw up & ruin the whole Christmas experience for them. Yet, I'll be more than just glad to be able to play for them. Never thought that I'd be bringing the whole DJ-ing thing here, all the way from Malaysia. Music & me? Inseparable.

Thanks for listening to my rants, and sorry for the delayed post. Pictures will be up soon, I promise. Here ya'll go, one of my personal favourites.

Sexy Bitch - David Guetta feat. Akon.

-MXV-

No comments: