MXV's Jukebox

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Try

What's the other word that rhymes with the word 'Human'? : Hypocrisy.

When was the last time any of you guys saw Michael Jackson's Moonwalker on the shelves in front of a video shop?

When was the last time that ya'll heard Michael Jackson's songs being played at night markets, or pasar malam?

When was the last time that you walked into a pirated DVD/VCD/CD shop heard & watch Michael Jackson's music videos being played & his best selling DVDs, VCDs, CDs being stacked up & posters of him stuck in front of the store?

Recently. Or more precisely, after he's dead.

You see, this is the thing with us. I've said this once too many times; we're all hypocrites. We appreciate things after they're gone. We miss them after they're gone. We love their songs after they're gone. What for?

Fuck ya'll hypocrites. I hate them, I fucking hate them fucked-up hypocrites. People who made harsh comments on M.J., and loved him after he's dead. People who hated his song when he's alive, & started listening to it after he's dead. People who boycotted his merchandise when he was accused of child molestation, & bought them after he's dead. Fuck ya'll hypocrites, burn in hell you motherfuckers sons of bitches.

Same goes for any other artists. They will only be truly appreciated for their contribution to the music or film industry after they're dead. So you guys better make a bang, some big news before you die. At least you'll be remembered for something good when you're alive, so that people wouldn't appreciate you only after you're dead.

Enough with that. Let's continue with something techie; the things that I've spent on with nearly RM 4,000.

This:

A 1 TB Seagate FreeAgent Desk External Drive.

This:

A laptop.

From Gateway, now a subsidiary of Acer.

Gateway ID5802Y.

Reflective LCD screen.

Dolby Surround Sound.

HDMI supported.

Core 2 Duo, Vista Home Premium, Nvidia GForce G105M.

Chromed sides; desirable design. As seen, plastic protector not removed yet.

And this...:

Norton Internet Security 2009 & Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007.

Close to RM 4,000. Just like that.

1 TB Seagate External Drive = RM 339.

Gateway ID5802Y with 2 GB RAM Upgrade = RM 3340.

Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007 OEM = RM 200.

Norton Internet Security 2009 = RM 85.

Why do I need a 1 TB external drive? Simply because I need more space for my videos, MP3s, photos & documents.

Why do I need a new laptop? Because my previous laptop suffered multi-sickness & passed away peacefully on the 25th of June, 2009. Post-mortem indicates that NEC Versa laptop of mine died from RAM corruption & dead motherboard.

Why do I need Microsoft Office? Because I NEED IT!!

Norton Internet Security Anti-Virus? I need the protection for my new laptop.

Okay, specifications of my new laptop.

Core 2 Duo 2.40 GHZ, 3MB L2 Cache, 1066MHZ FSB, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 320GB SATA, running on Vista Home Premium.

The laptop is designed by Pininfarina. What I'm confused about & don't understand is, what is the big Italian automotive-designing firm doing designing a laptop? I suppose they're better off designing cars like Jaguars, Ferraris, Alfa Romeos, or even Rolls Royces. Anyway, Pininfarina did quite well in adding chromes to the sides & the curve on the speaker ramp. Splendid.

Updates done. Next post will be up very soon as exam's gonna be over in a few days' time.

I Try, by Macy Gray.

-MXV-

No comments: