MXV's Jukebox

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Second Chance

Okay, so here comes another post. I've received too many complaints from friends saying that I'm not updating my blog as often as I used to, and that I should update regularly in order to keep them occupied; at least they'll have something to read when they're bored.

Yes, yes.. Definitely. Something interesting. Erm... Alrite, I really don't know what's with my luck lately, but I'm getting tons & tons of great offers. Seriously. The phone I recently bought, you guys won't wanna know exactly how much I was offered. It wasn't a bargain, it was WAAAAAAAAYY lower and cheaper than a bargain. And now, I've accepted yet another offer, which was (and STILL) pretty good & shocking.

Now, you guys might remember that incident where my car skidded on the expressway back from Genting, and that I've to change all 4 of my tyres after that due to extreme wear & tear. It's about RM 700++ for that set of 4 Michelin XM1 tyres, not to mention that there were hidden costs as well, which brought the total up to RM 900+. Oh wait, I haven't shared that part with you guys.. But that's what happened. My car skidded, I almost died but God wants me alive.

And now.. About 2-3 months after the incident, I'm given another offer which I cannot and will not refuse, cos' it's just simply too tempting. A set of 4 Dunlop Formula D 01 195/55 R15 tyres AND a set of 15-inch alloy sport rims, for less than half of what I paid for changing the rubbers few months back. YES!! An upgrade from 14 to 15-inch sport rims, and new shoes for more driftings!! LoL. Nah, ain't gonna do driftings anymore. But yeah, I was quoted such a nice price, I just can't decline the offer. You guys know that I'd do anything to my car for it to look good & perform at it's best, right? Better looking new rims are lighter and new tyres with new threads, what else could I possibly ask for?

My new 15-inch rims. The Brembo brake caliper cover is an add-on. XD

And I seriously don't know where would I get such a great bargain with a free gift thrown in; the brake caliper covers.

195/55 R15 85V. Can't see it? Nevermind. XD

Of course, I'm happy with the deal. And I've finally fitted a set of tyres that performs better in the wet. Great.

There'll be another upgrade to my car very soon; I'll be replacing the stock air-filter with a drop-in K&N air-filter. Yes, it's my first and will be the only performance upgrade that I'll ever make to my car. The filter costs RM240, but I know I'll be able to find a better price somewhere else. I just...know.

Oh yes, Jonathan Ngau, Nicholas & Shaun Ng.. Ya'll finally made it to my Friends & Links list. Hahaha.. Sorry about the delay, I was too lazy to update that section as I'll have to edit at the layout section if I want to add more links to that section, but I did it anyway. So.. Welcome. Heh.

I'll update some other time, alrite? Here's Second Chance, by Shinedown. Good song, good song.

-MXV-

No comments: