MXV's Jukebox

Monday, March 29, 2010

Get Lifted

7:56 A.M. - Lubyanka Metro station was bombed.

8.37 A.M. - Park Kultury station was bombed.

Both, in a single day. Yes, this morning. I couldn't imagine what would life be like for me. They said that attacks on the minorities & foreigners may start soon.

The Moscow Metro system is undoubtedly the most popular & frequently used form of public transportation in Moscow due to it's accessibility and low cost. The bombings were carried out during rush hour. Both bombs were detonated as the train arrived & the doors were opening.

At least my sense of safety & security did not failed me & proved itself right. I'm not being paranoid, I'm just extra careful. Every single time I board a Metro, I'd take the hassle to walk to the very end to board the last car of the train, for safety reasons. Bombings often happen in the middle or front of the train, but never the back as it would be pointless. True enough, both the bombing incidents today took place in the second cars on both occasion.

Tuesday, 30 March 2010 is declared as the Day of Mourning for the victims of the bombings.

May peace be with those who didn't made it.

Kamui - Get Lifted.

-MX-

No comments: