MXV's Jukebox

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Could Be The One

Just wanna share some of my own experience, my life here in Moscow. Also, some pictures that I took from Red Square. It's a beautiful place, really.

I took my own sweet time to observe everything here and made a few conclusions:

1. The people here, especially the elderly are rude. - The other day I was in the Metro, some sort of LRT for Moscovites. Anyway, there was an empty seat in front of me, & I saw this grandmother (or babushka, in Russian language) standing. Of course, I tried to give her that seat, and as I wasn't very fluent in Russian yet, I just looked at her & pointed at the seat, hoping that she'll at least sit down without the need of standing in the overcrowded train. I was wrong. She shook her head & looked at me as if I raped her & sodomized her whole family before slaughtering them all before started scolding in Russian. Lesson learnt. Never ever be nice to people here.

2. The people here are also rich. - Range Rovers, BMWs, Jaguars are everywhere. Name it, you got it.

3. They don't wash their cars. - Imagine a nice, expensive, sports car covered in dust measuring a few inches thick. They don't wash their cars. Never.

4. As rude as they are, they're also ignorant. - I saw a dead body at the traffic light, at a junction near my hostel. 2 police officers stood there & did nothing about it, not even covering the body. Passer-bys & drivers passed that body without even looking, as if it doesn't exist at all.

5. It's the nation of alcohol. - They put alcohol into literally every single damn thing there is. Expiry dates of ordinary breads that usually lasts 1-2 weeks are extended into 1-2 months with the presence of alcohol.

6. It's the nation of alcohol. - The price of beer, vodka, gin, rum, whiskey; every single hard liquor that you can think of is dirt cheap here.

7. Cigarettes are also cheap here. - No wonder everyone here is smoking. About 33 roubles per pack of 20s of Pall Mall, which is about RM4. It's ironic to see medical students smoking outside the campus. Not for me, though.

8. Public display of affection is the norm here. - If you have the chance to walk around in Moscow, you'll see couples kissing, touching, grabbing & fondling in public.

I'll update & share more in the near future. Pictures of Red Square!! Many of my friends have urged me to upload photos, and I've done it today. Red Square is a truly beautiful, amazing & mesmerizing historical place. It's located right in the middle of Moscow, and the whole place is packed with tourists from all over the world.

Walking to Red Square.

Random.

Random.

Random.

Random.

Walking towards Red Square.

Random.

Random.

Nice ol' building.

Random.

Random.

Entrance into Red Square.

This particular square caught my attention. It is located in front of the entrance to the Red Square, and it is said that one will be right in the middle of Moscow by standing on the small square in the circle. This is the origin of Moscow.

View from entrance to Red Square.

Random.

Random.

One of the churches/chapels, whatever you call them.

I know.. I look fat & short here..

One of the old buildings that surrounds Red Square.

Lenin's Tomb.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Nahh.. It's the St. Basil's Cathedral, 9 chapels built on a single foundation.

It's old, but there's a shopping mall in there.

Random.

Random.

Well.. That's about it.. It's three in the morning, I'm so damn tired & sleepy already. Till then.

I Could Be The One - Donna Lewis.

-MXV-

No comments: