MXV's Jukebox

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Gone Too Soon

-MX- Vayne - AkA |{ÉÑ - ŦΓΛПŒŁƟЯЙ - Blog Updated, Out Of His Own Misery. - { http://mx-lair.blogspot.com } - Die the way you lived; out of a sudden.

See, the above is my MSN nick & personal message. Little do I know that things just happened to one of my friends just as the way that I've described it. He died the way he lived, all out of a sudden.

This will be a post specially dedicated to a friend of mine who passed away on the 15th of August, 2009 at roughly 2:45 A.M.. A friend who had been a friend. A friend who had gone through some of the college days with me. A friend who went by the name Sylvestor.

I met this guy while doing A-levels at TARC about 2 years plus ago, & he seemed to be a good friend to me back then. We used to hang out together, we used to watch movies together. We even used to go after the same girl, & I used to hate him for that. But well, that's the past. I still can't believe my loss, our loss, of a friend & companion like him.

I can imagine his family's grief, and there's nothing to start off today but a morning saddened with the news of him venturing into the after-life. Janice called me at 7:19 A.M. this morning, I responded to the missed call with a SMS at 8:51 A.M., she called me again at 8:52 A.M. & her first sentence was "Sylvestor passed away this morning...", together with bursts of tears. I'll have to admit, that very piece of information really slapped me hard on my face. What a wake-up call. I was confused, my brain trying hard to process the information. I'm so sorry for your loss, Janice. Perhaps sometimes we just don't know how much we really love someone until they're gone.

Apparently he was hospitalised due to liver infection a few days ago, which I knew about but never really took the initiative to do anything or pay him a visit. Then, he's just gone, all of a sudden. I still can't believe what I heard this morning. I don't know if he perished slowly & painfully, fading away like a candlelight, but if that's the case then I'm not being a good friend for not visiting him. Weeks ago on the day before my birthday, he & Janice bought me dinner, which was like 29 days ago. I'm still shocked. I really am. I did not expect his "See you next time." to be on his memorial/funeral. Although he's no longer here with us, his soul will always linger around us, his presence will always be felt among us, he will live in our hearts & he will watch his beloved ones from up above.

This, is a shoutout to classmates & friends of Sylvestor Liew. His body is already transferred to the Sungai Besi Nirvana Memorial building. Prayers & memorials will be held there today, proceeded by his funeral tomorrow. I believe he'll want nothing more than just a little bit of our time for some last respects. For those who can't attend the memorial, you're doing enough by reserving a prayer for him. Let's all mourn for him. God loved him more than we do. And please, do appreciate your loved ones before they're gone..

Rest In Peace, my friend.

Gone Too Soon - Michael Jackson.

-MXV-

~UPDATES~

Correction : Sylvestor's funeral will be held on Monday, 17th of August 2009.

I went to pay him a visit today, to see him one last time & I was really sad when I looked at the person who is lying in the coffin. I'm still as much in shock, and I couldn't believe what I'm seeing. There lies my friend, motionless with his eyes & lips tightly shut. A person who I used to know as an over-active friend.

We'll miss you, my friend. We definitely will.

-MXV-

1 comment:

carmenchong said...

I'm carmen here.a friend of sly. do you have janice's hp number?I need it.thanks.